Hostage In Kg Baru

January 24, 2012 § 2 Comments

Police rushing the 10-year old girl,  Fifi Ramadhanni to safety after she was rescued in Kampung Baru, January 23, 2012.

Santi Ngdiono, mother of Fifi Ramadhanni,10, still in shock after police rescued her daughter who was held as hostage for 5 hours at Lorong Raja Muda Musa 6, Kampung Baru Kuala Lumpur, January 23, 2012

Police rushing the 10-year old girl,  Fifi Ramadhanni to safety after she was rescued in Kampung Baru, January 23, 2012

The 34-year-old Sabahan, believed to be a drug addict, was shot by police as they stormed the house to rescue the girl. All attempts to coax the suspect to surrender had failed.Witnesses said the suspect was naked when he barged into the house at Jalan Raja Muda Musa at 11am. He managed to grab a knife from the kitchen before grabbing the victim, Fifi Ramadhanni Sharruddin, and locking themselves up in a room.

 Fifi’s parents and her sibling and a cousin, who were watching television in the hall, were  caught off-guard.
 Fifi’s father, Sharruddin Marlis, 47, said they had just returned from breakfast and kept the house door opened as they were all seated in the hall.
 “We were shocked. He appeared all of a sudden and dashed to the kitchen. Before we knew it, he came back with a knife and had Fifi in his arms,” he said, when met at the scene.
 “I tried to slow talk and coax him to release Fifi but he kept on screaming asking us to get out otherwise he would kill her,” Sharruddin added.
 He said he called the police after the man dragged Fifi into the room.
 Dang Wangi district police chief Assistant Commissioner Zulkarnain Abdul Rahman said police also tried to coax the man to release the girl but he refused.  He had instead demanded for drugs.
 “We then roped his friend and a psychiatrist from Hospital Kuala Lumpur (HKL) to talk him out but all failed,” he said.
 Taking into consideration the safety of the childn, Zukarnain said police decided to storm the house.
 “Police fired four times. One hit the suspect. He collapsed and we carry Fifi out to safety,” he added.
 Fifi was sent to the hospital in an ambulance for medical check-up. She has been warded at the Paediatric ward for observation.
 Minutes after Fifi was carried out, the suspect was also brought out on stretcher and rushed to the same hospital. NEW STRAITS TIMES PRESS/Adi Safri


§ 2 Responses to Hostage In Kg Baru

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

What’s this?

You are currently reading Hostage In Kg Baru at ADI SAFRI.


%d bloggers like this: